Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Resort 2012: A Survey

Everyone's talking about Stella McCartney! The designer's Resort 2012 Collection (or, as she prefers to call it, "Spring" because the word "resort" is so unsexy) has knocked everyone's socks off. It's one of my favorites for two reasons. One: the funky prints of inverted palm trees and mirrored tropical skylines remind me of my absolute favorite Stella ad campaign (pictured below), and two: the collection captures all that I love about Resort collections.

Resort runways tend to be a little more flirty. In fact, not all designers use the runway as the primary showcase for their Resort-wear. Stella McCartney, for instance, threw a garden party where models dressed in the new looks mingled with guests, played chess, and nonchalantly knocked around croquet balls. In addition to the more relaxed presentation, the designers employ all of the techniques that they've mastered but don't seem to take themselves quite so seriously. You'll see what I mean. I've handpicked my favorites from this year's Resort collections. Enjoy!


Stella McCartney S/S '11 ad campaign. Check out a cool video from the shoot here

RESORT 2012 HIGHLIGHTS
Chanel Resort 2012

Stella McCartney Resort 2012
Marc by Marc Jacobs Resort 2012

Celine Resort 2012

Giambattista Valli Resort 2012



Elie Tahari Resort 2012
3.1 Phillip Lim Resort 2012

Z Spoke by Zac Posen Resort 2012

Check out the rest of the collections here and expect to see me in a lot of red and coral this season!




No comments:

Post a Comment